The 56th Annual Labor Day Parade is Coming!
The parade will take place on Monday, September 4, 2017. The line-up will begin at 8:00 am, and the parade is scheduled to step off at 10:00 am.
This year’s Grand Marshall will be The Honorary Lee Paulsen who has been the backbone of the Faith Food Pantry of Newtown, for 33 years. The Food Pantry’s mission follows what its full name implies: Food Assistance, Immediate Temporary Help. In keeping with Mrs. Paulsen’s dedication to Faith, our theme will be “Labor of Love.”
** Non perishable food donations will be accepted and appreciated.
Labor Day Parade Committee
Check out our Facebook page for general information and to view details of your division and line up instructions by mid-August. Please LIKE and SHARE our Facebook page: Newtown Labor Day Parade.
In an effort to streamline the parade and to ensure everyone's safety, as well as following guidance from the Newtown Police, the parade committee has updated its rules and regulations. Please review them carefully and share them with your organization.
- No 18 wheel vehicles
- No more than 3 vehicles representing your organization. This includes fire trucks.
- Limit of 20 marchers (If many more; please put them in or on a float, truck, flatbed).
- No throwing of candy from moving vehicles.
- No more than three minutes for participants' routines at reviewing and Grandstands.
- Commercial entries are requested to make a donation in support of the parade. The suggested donation is $200.00 per vehicle; unless it is a creative float.
- There is NO FEE for schools; karate schools, dance schools, etc.
- The parade committee is seeking creativity from all our entrants, including businesses.